Allowing FFS / AFS To Use More Threads

Get help for specific problems

AlexD

Good Morning,

First of all i would to say thanks to developers for FFS, i recently migrated to a new server cluster at work and FFS helped massively in migrating 4tb+ of data with ease.

I am now looking to use FFS & RTS more heavily, im trying to decide the best way to to push backups / update the company data to NAS every 30 - 60 minutes, the amount of data being transferred will be minimal each time so file transfer time is not an issue. However the comparison is fairly heavy and the comparison of over 2 million files is taking around 30 minutes in itself.

Would allowing FFS / RTS to use more threads (4 - 6?) allow the comparison to process faster?

Is there a way to allow this to happen.

Many Thanks

Alex
Last edited by AlexD on 05 Apr 2019, 09:54, edited 1 time in total.

AlexD

Never mind i found out and donated. Thanks again for great software!

AlexD

I am now in the process of setting this up as a Windows Service that begins on server startup, are there any further details on how to set the time delay when it is being run as a Service?

AlexD

Damn it never mind i answered my own question... again! You setup the delay in RTS and from there Save As a Real Time Sync File.

AlexD

Cant seem to get this working properly, maybe RTS does not work how i expected it to, i wanted it to re-compare the directories once an hour and update what had changed, can someone confirm this is possible with RTS?

Plerry

RTS monitors defined folders for changes.
After it detects a change, it waits until no new changes occur during the selected delay time, and then launches the defined application (commonly FFS).

If you want to run an FFS hourly, you should define that as a scheduled task and not use RTS.

AlexD

Hi Plerry, thanks for your reply. I have now changed the Task Schedule and am using a Batch File Instead. I seem to be having some kind of error however.

If i run the batch manually it completes with only a a couple errors of failures trying to move locked files (Temporary Word Documents etc).

However if i try to run the Batch via Task Scheduler, It appears to be start running as i can see the memory usage slowly increasing, however it seems to stop at some point - The memory being used slowly starts to be reduced, this is not behavior seen when running the batch file manually, on a manual run memory usage will peak at about 700mb during comparison, it stops and starts falling when it hits about 370mb from task scheduler. I dont appear to get any logs or error output.

Even though i have not set it to run minimized i dont see any windows appear.

I am using correct accounts with enough privileges etc, i have not set the task to run "With the highest privileges", in task scheduler as this was causing Task Start errors previously.

Thanks

Alex