Error Code 5: Access is denied. [DeleteFile]

Get help for specific problems

fredphoesh

Hello folks.

I have an USB3 drive connected to my Modem/router which I use for all my music files.

I sync it to a local HD which I use to keep a backup of the files, sync is always Mirror> copying all files from the internal HD to the external USB drive on the router.

I have a lot of problems using FreeFileSync though. If I just copy and paste using windows explorer, things are fine, but if I use this software to run a one way sync, it give me errors. Not only that, it also creates hundreds of tmp files which are the same size as the audio files, but does not create the audio files. It is almost as though it copies them over but then when it comes to renaming from tmp to flac, it fails. Each time I try it creates a new tmp file for every audio file.

There is no special permission I have given or removed from any of these drives, I can copy, paste, delete using windows explorer.

Is there something I can do to make this work?
Thanks!
Mark
Attachments
freefilesync_issue.jpeg
freefilesync_issue.jpeg (66.17 KiB) Viewed 937 times
Site Admin

Zenju

You could disable "fail-safe file copy" (menu -> tools), but the question is why renaming the file fails with access denied on the USB stick, while creation seems to work.

fredphoesh

You could disable "fail-safe file copy" (menu -> tools), but the question is why renaming the file fails with access denied on the USB stick, while creation seems to work. Zenju, 30 Apr 2019, 14:04
Hi, thanks for this response. I will try that next time but I have a feeling that the reason is that it can create a file with no probs, but that perhaps the app changes attributes for permissions and then it is read-only and so I cannot rename it to the proper file extension or delete the file once its been written.