Create root folder.. how to?

Discuss new features and functions

motiyairl

Hi guy's,
I'm trying to use the synchronize option to copy folders (and content in them), In left side:
\\Networkdrive\folder1\ and in there are a lot of folders
In right side I created a folder called: folder1 and it is empty.
C:\folder1
I want to mark (or add) the folders to the left side and then it will create the folder on the right side..
Now when I'm trying to do that it takes all the content that was if the folder:
\\Networkdrive\folder1\123 and copy (only the content of "123") to the root folder: C:\folder1 without creating the the folder "123"..
Is there a way to create folders (root folders) in the right side? I have a lot of folders in the "\\Networkdrive\folder1" and I want that all the folder names that are in "folder1" will be created too on C:\folder1..
Attachments
Annotation 2019-06-03 080905.jpg
Annotation 2019-06-03 080905.jpg (64.92 KiB) Viewed 899 times
Annotation 2019-06-03 080824.jpg
Annotation 2019-06-03 080824.jpg (129.11 KiB) Viewed 899 times

Plerry

You do not describe how you defined your left and right base folders.
Looking at your description, you should define
\\Networkdrive\folder1\ as your left base location and
C:\folder1 as your right base location.

Or, as per your bottom picture, define
\\192.168.43.204\infiles\ as your left base location (so: without the Andrey part), and
C:\Infiles\ as your right base location

FFS syncs the content of the left base location in its full relative folder structure to the right base location.
By defining (as you seem to have done) \\192.168.43.204\infiles\Andrey\ as your left base location and C:\infiles\ as your right base location, FFS will sync the content of the \\192.168.43.204\infiles\Andrey\ folder and all its subfolders to C:\Infiles\, but not the Andrey folder itself.

motiyairl

Thanks Plerry for your quick reply.
But If i'll choose to sync (on the left side): \\192.168.43.204\infiles it will sync all the folders that are in "infiles" and I want to choose what folder to sync and to do that folder after folder.. and not all of the folders that are in "infiles".

Plerry

That is where the Include and Exclude filter come in.
If you only need to sync a limited number of fixed folders in "infiles" in the sync, you can list those folders in the Include filter.
Conversely, if you want to sync almost all folders in "infiles" except for a limited number of fixed folders, you can list those folders in the Exclude filter.

Note that file and folder specifications in the Include and Exclude filters are relative to the root of the base folders.
To e.g. include the \\192.168.43.204\infiles\Andrey\ and C:\infiles\Audrey\ folder (and all of its content), and with
\\192.168.43.204\infiles\ defined as your left- and C:\infiles\ as your right-base-location, you should include "\Audrey\*" (omitting the quotation marks).
You can manually edit the Include and Exclude filter by clicking on the funnel icon in the GUI, or you can first run a compare, and then right-click on the folder(s) to be included (or excluded) and add the folder(s) to the filter via the GUI.

Conversely, you can define multiple left-right folder pairs, if necessary even defining different (local) sync types and/or filter settings.
One such left-right pair would then be
\\192.168.43.204\infiles\Andrey\ as the left base location and
C:\infiles\Audrey\ as the right base location