Backup of my UE4 Projects

Get help for specific problems

sashabcro

Hi, so I just found out about FreeFileSync and if someone can help me with how to use it with my Unreal Engine 4 Projects.

My game project is currently about 100GB which is HUGE to copy/paste for backup every day like I did so far. Instead I want to do this once and then just have backup changes when I am done on end of day. So if someone can answer me some questions.

1. Is this possible with FreeFileSync?
2. If yes, how can I set this to work?
3. And if file is backup every day let's say at 20:00 and I open my project next morning and see something was wrong with it, how can I restore my files again?
4. And does FreeFileSync keeps multiple backups?

Thank you. Kind Regards,

Plerry

1) Yes
2) See the tutorial video's and the Manual pages
3) Use Versioning
4) Use Versioning with multiple versions

sashabcro

Hi, I have use Versioning options, but it only copies files that has been delete not whole folder. You can see my settings down.

This is what I need if possible. I am working on my game, and I wan't to have backup by end of day, I can run manually this by starting FileSync, but when I make this Backup I want backup folder from previous day/s to be moved and kept the same, so if I miss something in new backup I can restore my backup from last 2-3 days, depends on how many backups I keept. Thank you

Plerry

FreeFileSync (FFS) is, as the name already suggests, acting at file level.
So, also Versioning takes place at file level, not at folder level.
You wrote:
… but when I make this Backup I want backup folder from previous day/s to be moved and kept the same, so if I miss something in new backup I can restore my backup from last 2-3 days, depends on how many backups I keept
This means making and keeping (for some days) full copies of every day's full folder content, and sort of contradicts your initial post.
Only if you have some of advanced (data-base based?) sync system and/or (symbolic) link based sync system you may be able to do this. But that is not the way FFS works.