Req. Delete empty folder when source folder is FTP

Discuss new features and functions

christmw2503

When I mirror my Android phone to a folder on my PC, Freefilesync can't delete empty folders on the destination.

Plerry

FFS never deletes folders in a sync, only files (if applicable).
And what does this have to do with localization?
Site Admin

Zenju

FFS will delete folders if they exist only on one side, and the sync direction is set accordingly.

simo

FFS will delete folders if they exist only on one side, and the sync direction is set accordingly. Zenju, 27 Jun 2019, 08:22
What is the correct way to obtain this behavior?
I'm noticing a lot of empty folders that exist even though I've deleted them on the "source" side.
Site Admin

Zenju

FFS will delete folders if they exist only on one side, and the sync direction is set accordingly. Zenju, 27 Jun 2019, 08:22
What is the correct way to obtain this behavior?
I'm noticing a lot of empty folders that exist even though I've deleted them on the "source" side. simo, 04 Sep 2019, 19:41
Most likely you have excluded them from sync via filters. (e.g. either by path exclusion or you have a file size/date filter set, which only matches files and excludes all folders)

simo

They are not excluded with filters, I have not set a minimum size limit, I have not set a date filter.
I am using the default "mirror ->" config.

Empty folders are left behind when folders are deleted on the source side.
Site Admin

Zenju

They are not excluded with filters, I have not set a minimum size limit, I have not set a date filter.

Empty folders are left behind when folders are deleted on the source side. simo, 07 Sep 2019, 13:23
You can check the main dialog to get a preview of what will happen to files and folders before starting sync.

simo

Empty folders are left behind when folders are deleted on the source side. simo, 07 Sep 2019, 13:23
You can check the main dialog to get a preview of what will happen to files and folders before starting sync. Zenju, 07 Sep 2019, 13:53
The maximum size filter is making this behavior happen. It's a bug IMHO.

markusoft

RED remove empty in google
I just run it once a month
you can even set files to INCLUDE to be wiped (ie desktop.ini,pp*.ini*,folder*.jpg,album*.jpg,folder*.png)

markusoft

still not liking ALL directories are MADE before files synced
LOGIC issue here..

if cancelled an come back, one thinks all the files are there when actually there are NO FILES in directories

xCSxXenon

The sync order of operations seems to be ordered the same as the preview window, in my experience. I usually only see the current folder get created, then the files in that folder, and then the next.