Several Questions Related to Real Time Sync

Get help for specific problems

hsehestedt

I have a folder on system 1 that I am mirroring to system 2. This is a one way mirror from system 1 to system 2.

I setup a real time sync with an interval of 30 seconds.

Question 1: Every time it performs a sync, a status window showing the progress of the sync opens. Can I supress this somehow?

Question 2: If I manually copy a file to system 1 and a sync begins while that copy is still happening, I get an error indicating that the file is locked by another process. This makes sense because the file is still being copied, but can I have it supress these messages and simply retry at some regular time interval? As it stands now, I need to choose to ignore or retry.

Question 3: While the sync is ocurring, if I copy another file to System 1, the addition of that file is never detected until I make another change to the folder when syncing is not in progress. Is there any solution for this?

Thanks for the help.

Plerry

Note that in RTS one does not set an interval, but an idle-time.

Q1: When saving your FFS batch-job, in the Save as Batch Job window, checkmark "Run minimized". See here.

Q2: Apparently you are saving very big files.
You can check how long it takes to save the biggest file, and then try setting the RTS idle time (what you called "interval") to be bigger (e.g. by a factor of 2) than the time it takes to save the biggest file.

Q3: This a known limitation, see the bottom part ("Limitations" and below) of the RTS section in the manual.

hsehestedt

Plerry,

Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.