Resources not freed after syncing with version 10.15

Get help for specific problems

ktp

Hello,

Just to mention a minor problem with new version 10.15.

After syncing is completed, Free Filesync (FFS) still apparently keeps some resources opened (file handles ?), while previous versions did not. I observe this since I use Veracypt to mount a container as a drive, then sync files to this mounted drive.

After syncing, I have to dismount the drive, but now with FFS v10.15 Veracrypt warns me about files/folders (on the mounted drive) are still being in used by other applications (obviously Free Filesync). So I have to choose option to force dismount.

The problem is easily reproducible using Veracrypt.

Edit:
In fact same problem with syncing to a removable external USB disk. After syncing, you cannot unplug normally the USB disk, it is seen still in used and Windows refuses to allow unpluging it, even after several retries.
Site Admin

Zenju

You can check which application is holding a file handle with tools like Process Explorer
(Just CTRL+F for the file name)

ktp

Process explorer did not show anything, I use Nirsoft OpenedFilesView which is much easier to use, with sort by file path. There are only "system" as processes opening "files" in the drive. It looks like some NTFS-related, and sometimes I found system process SearchIndexer.

So it is very good that FFS is not the problem.