Run as a service doesn't work

Get help for specific problems

suez12

Hi,
After several weeks of trials I haven't succeeded to run FFS as a Windows service.
I have followed all the instructions in the manuals. Windows services appear as expected in the task scheduler but FFS seems to never start since no logs files are created, no pop-up window appear...
I only try to synchronize automatically a local drive and a NAS drive on my local network. All those devices are up and running when I conduct my tests. I have not found any useful information in the forum.

At the beginning I paid for the donation edition because this software looked promising. But, as usual, I have ended up to the same conclusion : as soon as a software is asking for money it doesn't work...

Plerry

FFS can not be run as a service, RTS can.
And then obviously RTS needs to be configured to launch an FFS sync upon detection of changes.

suez12

Hi,
I wrote FFS in a generic way. However I tried both. When FFS is specified in the service nothing happens. When I configure the Windows service to launch RTS I get the error :
"A folder input field is empty" and RTS does not start. That's why I tried using FFS instead...

suez12

I have done the full configuration :
- Windows service launches :
"C:\Program Files\FreeFileSync\RealTimeSync.exe" "C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\FreeFileSync\Realtime.ffs_real"
- Realtime.ffs_real launches :
"C:\Program Files\FreeFileSync\FreeFileSync.exe" "C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\FreeFileSync\BatchRun.ffs_batch"

Always the error same "A folder input field is empty" when I connect to my session and RTS does not execute.
When I manually open the file Realtime.ffs_real above RTS starts and synchronisation is done. So both files seem correct.

suez12

I have found where the issue was : in the startup folder there was another .ffs_real I created during my past trials. Something was wrong in it but it was executed before the Windows service. After having suppressed it, anything work as expected.