FileSync question

Discuss new features and functions

bowoow

Hi, is it possible only sync the latest date file only??? For example, there are 10 files in source folder, but only the latest dated file that I need only one file... While my destination folder are empty, and I need to sync everyday... Thx...

xCSxXenon

If this file is created every day, you can use the time span option.

bowoow

hi xCSxXenon, thank you for the quick responds i don't think that option will work since it will only include the files within those date that is selected... I only want the latest date of a single file on everyday... I do not want to sync up everything everyday... Do keep in mind that my destination folder will be empty everyday... The sync will sync up everything from folder to folder... thx

xCSxXenon

I gotcha. I don't know of a way to do that. There isn't any way to do that in FFS since there is no exact time-span. You may be able to get a batch files that parses the file list and copies only the newest one.

markusoft

antrenamer? - rename file (move) to lastsync folder?
antrename will not create a duplicate file
you can save the rename actions which could be to create new name based on name, sort by Date Modified
you just gave me an idea..
I need to do the same..
antrenamer is free, not sure if it's batchable (it has command line) one thing you CANNOT do is filter your file lists
so this would have to be done first

https://antp.be/software/renamer/history