Win 7 Task scheduler working but FreeFilesync not logging

Get help for specific problems

David A

Hello,

Have been running FreeFilesync now successfully for a few weeks and have created batch jobs which run via win 7 task scheduler.

Although running correctly (as proven by checking updated/new files in the backup etc.). FreeFilesync does not record these successful backups in the panel when opened, showing the all the batch jobs as "last Run 14 days ago etc.) in red text. (ie when I last ran them manually)

This worried me at first, but as above, the jobs are running once a day as scheduled. Task scheduler rather confusingly shows the tasks as "running" even though completed showing last run and next correctly as per scheduled time the day before with "last run result (0x41301).

Is Freefilesync running and reporting correctly, or am I missing a setting somewhere in either Freefilsync or task scheduler?

Thanks,
Dave

Plerry

Are you running the FFS scheduled task under the same user credentials
as when manually running FFS? See here.

You may also find useful info on the log-file in this discussion.
Site Admin

Zenju

0x41301 = SCHED_S_TASK_RUNNING
You probably forgot to Auto-Close

David A

Excellent, thank you. Working fine now, showing last run correctly in FFS window and Task Scheduler now showing last run result as (0x0) which makes sense.

Regards
Dave

David A

Are you running the FFS scheduled task under the same user credentials
as when manually running FFS? See here.

Not exactly as I have changed it to run when any user logged on plus highest privileges.

You may also find useful info on the log-file in this discussion. Plerry, 23 Sep 2019, 20:03
Thanks for this, did not realise the logs were available.

Thanks for both links, however now sorted as per Zenju's response below.

Regards,
Dave