RTS

Discuss new features and functions

menik24

- I want to do a unidirectional real time sync between FOLDER A and FOLDER B (B is the source and A the backup)
- The sync must be also continuous until the user stops it. Please provide the right On completion command for Windows batch.
- I do not want to sync contents that pre-exist in the FOLDER B before the initiation of RTS. Only new files that enter B after initiation of RTS must be synced in A

Which are the sync options for this batch?

Plerry

You are mixing up things.
The sync must be also continuous until the user stops it.
There is no continuous sync.
RealTimeSync (RTS) can monitor folders (incl. subfolders) for changes,
and upon detection of changes launch an application, normally FreeFileSync (FFS).
RTS can run "continuously", but has no "on completion" feature, as that makes no sense.
If RTS launches FFS on detection of changes, then FFS performs the actual comparison and sync.
FFS has an "on completion" feature, but that feature does not seem required for your use case.
Upon completion, FFS simply terminates (provided the correct setting).

Note that RTS does not monitor for changes while FFS is running a compare & sync.
Any changes that occurred between FFS Compare and FFS completion will be synced
during the next sync.
I do not want to sync contents that pre-exist in the FOLDER B before the initiation of RTS. Only new files that enter B after initiation of RTS must be synced in A
The simplest is to have have/put the "old" stuff in a different folder, and exclude the folders containing "old" files from the sync or, conversely, only include folders containing "newer" files.
You can do so via the Exclude or Include filter.
If that is not an option, you may revert to using the FFS time span feature.