purchase price

Discuss new features and functions

fredphoesh

Hi
Are you going to consider a purchase price for the full version? I don't like the donate/pay for time based advert free use... I have cancelled my Adobe CC account and removed 10 Adobe apps in favour of other options due to Adobe's subscription model...
tx
Mark.

Radish

I don't see the reasoning of your complaint given the way FFS actually manages its donation edition. If you donate then just consider your donation as the 'purchase price' for the full version. Once your donation period is over you can still use the last (latest) full version of the donation edition you downloaded for as long as you please. If that last version (or even an earlier version) of the donation edition you downloaded is working on your system without issues then you have no further need to donate if you don't wish to. This is how I look at it.

If it was the case that FFS was pure subscription model then I probably wouldn't subscribe at all - just find something else, as you have done with Adobe. As things stand the donation edition actually offers me no additional functions that I actually need when compared to the free version; but still I donate now and then as this is good software that is worth supporting.

Look at this page: https://freefilesync.org/faq.php#donation-edition As you can see you can get a donation edition for as little as €5.00 - which is okay.

xCSxXenon

Also, you can still get the newer versions for free, jut manually. The donation edition does the auto-updates and the portable options