Shared Google Drives

Get help for specific problems

ssteiner

Hello, I have a Google account through my university and I would like to sync a "Shared Drive" to my computer as opposed to a folder in "My Drive". I have attached pictures of what I mean. Is there anyway I can do this with FreeFileSync? When I connect my Google account to FFS, all I see are folders in My Drive, not any Shared Drives.
Attachments
2019-12-11 09_11_37-My Drive - Google Drive.png
2019-12-11 09_11_37-My Drive - Google Drive.png (26.6 KiB) Viewed 3026 times
2019-12-11 09_08_33-Select a folder.png
2019-12-11 09_08_33-Select a folder.png (46.11 KiB) Viewed 3026 times

HB_DPG

Indeed, syncing to/from a Google Shared Drive would be a good addition to the product.

canitb

I would love to see Google Shared Drive be supported by this program. I use Google Shared Drive all the time. Is this something that is on the horizon?

jlsmith1000

Yep, that's why I wanted to use this product, to synch from my laptop to google shared drives. Already donated to get started, will wait to see if it's added at some point I guess.

tastie.values

Definitely need this as an option, this would be exactly what I've been looking for if it could only use shared drives on Google Drive. Donation definitely coming when this gets introduced; even some kind of workaround even... Just please make it happen!

IIIXJokerXIII

I agree I need this real bad I need to sync the Shared with me stuff and as soon as this is added you can count on a donation from me. If I can help in any way let me know don't mind doing the testing ect.

tastie.values

I agree I need this real bad I need to sync the Shared with me stuff and as soon as this is added you can count on a donation from me. If I can help in any way let me know don't mind doing the testing ect. IIIXJokerXIII, 05 Jun 2020, 07:53
Word. Anyone else? Speak up people, let's get this developer some coffee aka donations!

IIIXJokerXIII

I'm working on a game mod and I'm going to use this to sync some weekly game files in the shared with me on google drive. Anyone that plays on my server/mod will be pushed into using this program for how easy it is to sync. I will also request that any of my gaming community members that use this program will need to send some donations this way. I feel this program may take off in a big way as I can see it being used for the same stuff I'm doing. This is the best unheard of program I've found this year. :)

IIIXJokerXIII

Sorry about all the post but I was able to find a work around for me that some may not know about.
1st Go to the "Shared with me" folder and find the folder you want
2nd Highlight the folder and press the "Shift Key" plus the "Z Key" this brings up a new window that allows you to copy the folder to your drive instantly.
3rd Now you can sync that folder with freefilesync.
This works for me and I would love to see you make it better but I've donated and I will have other paying as well. Again thanks for a great program!

Picture is of the Shift + Z key window

IIIXJokerXIII

So let me post yet again lol we have found that with the add folder way I've said above works! The setup I suggested works and you will not need to make any changes to the program on our behalf. What we found is any changes I made in the original folder got sync with folders that people had added to their drive. They did not have to keep deleting and re-adding it. They just had to sync that folder with their pc with freefilesync. Now let the donations roll in i'm sending some new users your way and again thanks for such a great program :D

PS you may want to make a how to page and add this to it so others will know

xCSxXenon

That's a slick little workaround! Seems obvious now, as it's just creating a link to the location, but nice job!

tastie.values

For me, shift + z only works in my main drive. My shared drive doesn't make any pop-up appear :(
And joker, I am talking about shared drives, not "just shared with me" folders... my shared drive has probably around 1.5TB of stuff in it...
Attachments
unlimited share drive.jpg
unlimited share drive.jpg (19.56 KiB) Viewed 2460 times
Site Admin

Zenju

Support for Shared Drives has been added in FreeFileSync 10.25!

oblongau

Support for Shared Drives has been added in FreeFileSync 10.25! Zenju, 18 Jun 2020, 16:39
I must be missing something, or misunderstanding the previous posts on this topic.

I'm using FFS 11.29 on Linux.

I can easily sync. to folders in my own Google account.

What I'm looking to do is this:

User-1 has a folder (say, F-1) that has been shared with User-2 as editor. How does User-2 use FFS to sync with folder F-1?

If User-2 uses FFS to connect using their own account and looks for "Directory on server" (via the Cloud icon in FFS) folder F-1 is not seen.

Thanks.
Site Admin

Zenju

Support for Shared Drives has been added in FreeFileSync 10.25! Zenju, 18 Jun 2020, 16:39
I must be missing something, or misunderstanding the previous posts on this topic.

I'm using FFS 11.29 on Linux.

I can easily sync. to folders in my own Google account.

What I'm looking to do is this:

User-1 has a folder (say, F-1) that has been shared with User-2 as editor. How does User-2 use FFS to sync with folder F-1?

If User-2 uses FFS to connect using their own account and looks for "Directory on server" (via the Cloud icon in FFS) folder F-1 is not seen.

Thanks. oblongau, 20 Jan 2023, 11:00
This is unrelated to the topic of "Shared Drives", but also possible:
FreeFileSync 11.19 [2022-04-16]
-------------------------------
Support sync with Google Drive starred folders
i.e. right-click on the folder in Google Drive and select "Add to Starred". The folder will then be visible in FreeFileSync *as if* it were a shared drive.

oblongau

i.e. right-click on the folder in Google Drive and select "Add to Starred". The folder will then be visible in FreeFileSync *as if* it were a shared drive. Zenju, 18 Jun 2020, 16:39
Thanks for that. Marking it as Starred was what I was missing.

stademock

i'm sending some new users your way and again thanks for such a great program :D