FFS 3x slower than other SFTP client

Get help for specific problems

ryan101

I'm transferring large files between an SFTP server at my house and my computer at work. At my house I have a fiber connection with latency in the 1-2ms range and an upload speed of 6.1 MB/s. At work I also have a fiber connection with much more bandwidth than that.

When I connect to my SFTP server using Filezilla at work, I'm able to download a single large file or several files at 6.1 MB/s. However, when I connect to the same server and download the same file using FFS, I get around 1.8 MB/s, never more than 2 MB/s.

I've tried various combinations of connections and channels but with no effect. When I'm syncing several files at once I get the same 1.8MB/s that I get with a single file, thus the additional parallel connections are not able to overcome whatever is limiting my speeds. I also replicated these results with the Filezilla client limited to a single connection.

I'm using version 10.18 donation edition on Windows 10.

Any ideas on why I would be getting stuck at 2 MB/s with FFS but not other software connecting to the same server? Any tests I could run to try and isolate the bottleneck?
Site Admin

Zenju

I also replicated these results with the Filezilla client limited to a single connection. ryan101, 18 Dec 2019, 20:38
FreeFileSync also supports multiple connection with the Donation Edition: https://freefilesync.org/manual.php?topic=performance