RealtimeSync does not work

Get help for specific problems

rrafiringa

Hello,

I have the Donation version of FreeFileSync 10.19.

I'm monitoring a Windows directory with a few existing files in it, and run RTS "as a service" as the SYSTEM user using a scheduled task. The source is a local folder, the destination is a UNC path to a remote fileserver share.

First I went to FreeFileSync to create and test a mirror sync job, which worked perfectly and saved the job as a fss_batch file.

I dragged and dropped the ffs_batch file into the RTS GUI and saved the job as an ffs_real file.

Then I created the RTS scheduled task running as SYSTEM with the highest privileges, calling the RealTimeSync.exe command using the fss_real file as an argument.

When I run the RTS scheduled task and then add files to the monitored local directory, the files do not mirror to the remote target directory even after the Idle time threshold of 10 seconds.

1) What step am I missing?
2) If the monitored folder has subfolders, and the changes happen in the subfolder at the n-th level, are those changes supposed to be detected and synchronized?

I hope someone could help promptly with this. Thank you very much!

R

Plerry

... 2) If the monitored folder has subfolders, and the changes happen in the subfolder at the n-th level, are those changes supposed to be detected and synchronized? ...
From the RTS manual page: "Each time a file or folder is created/updated/deleted in the monitored directories or their sub directories, RealTimeSync will run the command line."

Note that the command specified in RTS normally invokes an FFS sync to run.
Changing/adding to the RTS monitored folders does not change the FFS sync specified to be invoked by RTS.
If you want to change the folders to be synced by FFS (e.g. once invoked by RTS), you should change the FFS sync settings, normally stored in an *.ffs_batch file.