FFS does not seem to make all synchronizations I have set

Get help for specific problems

stratoblu

Curiously, at the end of the synchronization of a large group of folders and files, immediately restarting a new confrontation with FFS, are still numerous folders and files to be synchronized, even if these folders and files were already included in the previous synchronization.

This oddity can be repeated even after the second and also the third synchronization, to finally disappear.

Of course, during the process, the computer is not used and the only program running is FFS.

wm-sf

is this over a network or other situation in which a large cache or buffer might exist ?

galocza

hi,
i have a similar problem and would be grateful if somebody could help me to weed out the problem in my workflow.
we use a batch file at the end of the day to backup all essential data. half of it comes from our administrator (napiment.exe, lxtempclear.exe), half of it is mine.
what it does:
1. it saves all necessary data to a pendrive (z:). our specialized program does some of it, the rest is commandline copy or 7zip.
2. freefilesync synchronizes the contents of this flashdrive with a directory on the hdd (c:\toinst\backup)
3. freefilesync synchronizes the contents of the parent directory of the above (c:\toinst) with a directory on a network drive (y:\toinst)
4. freefilesync synchronizes the contents of another directory (c:\!szovegek) with its counterpart on the network drive (y:\!szovegek)

it works fine except for point 3. the new backup files are created on z: and synced with c:\toinst\backup but arent synced with y:.
yesterday i created an empty 'proba' dir and 'proba.txt' file in all the affected directories and funnily enough they were copied ok.
its also strange that if i run either the freefilesync line from the batch file or the gui right after the failed sync it will find the differences while comparing and syncs ok when running.

now there are few files and copying them here were a bit much so i zipped them and i will attach them.
napiment.bat the batch file
sync.ffs_batch the ffs config file
sync 2015-06-09 184803 [Warning].log log file from yesterday evening
backup_z.txt dir> of the flash drive
backup_c_toinst_backup.txt dir> of c:\toinst\backup, should be and is the same as the above
toinst_dir_c.txt dir> of c:\toinst
toinst_dir_y.txt dir> of y:\toinst should be but isnt the same as the above
!szovegek_dir_c.txt dir> of c:\!szovegek
!szovegek_dir_y.txt dir> of y:\!szovegek should be and is the same as the above

im sorry its leghty but i wanted to give every information.

thank you in advance,
g
Attachments
ffs.zip
(111.15 KiB) Downloaded 139 times
Site Admin

Zenju

>still numerous folders and files to be synchronized, even if these folders and files were already included in the previous synchronization.

This problem can be caused by anti virus software that is modifying files directly after they are copied. e.g.
viewtopic.php?t=334
Site Admin

Zenju

@elek benedek

You're using multiple folder pairs which are not independent from each other, e.g. the first folder pair is supposed to complete before the second folder pair starts comparison. This cannot be achieved by a single sync config and must be split into two runs.
Anyway, FreeFileSync should have shown a warning message:
"Multiple folder pairs write to a common subfolder. Please review your configuration"

ascension-its

Love your program's interface -- and works awesome. And I want to extend appreciation to you for sooo much work, and effort. I do have a quick inquiry however. I have searched by executing RealTimeSync.exe /? from command line, and also searched forums, etc, to try to glean how to change the Idle time upon startup. I simply cannot find the documentation on how to do this. I am sure that there is a way though? Please advise. And thanks again for such a great application (at no cost).
Site Admin

Zenju

Love your program's interface -- and works awesome. And I want to extend appreciation to you for sooo much work, and effort. I do have a quick inquiry however. I have searched by executing RealTimeSync.exe /? from command line, and also searched forums, etc, to try to glean how to change the Idle time upon startup. I simply cannot find the documentation on how to do this. I am sure that there is a way though? Please advise. And thanks again for such a great application (at no cost).ascension-its
Did you check out the help file (F1), chapter "RealtimeSync"?

ascension-its

Love your program's interface -- and works awesome. And I want to extend appreciation to you for sooo much work, and effort. I do have a quick inquiry however. I have searched by executing RealTimeSync.exe /? from command line, and also searched forums, etc, to try to glean how to change the Idle time upon startup. I simply cannot find the documentation on how to do this. I am sure that there is a way though? Please advise. And thanks again for such a great application (at no cost).ascension-its
ignore this... accidental placement in a current thread.. started my own category.

ascension-its

Did you check out the help file (F1), chapter "RealtimeSync"?Zenju
yes, but i will look again -- i must have missed it.

ascension-its

yes, but i will look again -- i must have missed it.ascension-its
sorry, i see no mention of changing idle time upon program launch? could you just tell me the parameter perhaps? I would really appreciate it.. i have looked thoroughly...

srjones67

It's in the RTS interface or in the .ffs_real parameter file

srjones67

It shows how to set idle time right in the first page of the Realtimesync help section of the help file. then click file in the menu to save the config.

galocza

@elek benedek

You're using multiple folder pairs which are not independent from each other, e.g. the first folder pair is supposed to complete before the second folder pair starts comparison. This cannot be achieved by a single sync config and must be split into two runs.
"Multiple folder pairs write to a common subfolder. Please review your configuration"Zenju
thank you for your quick response. im an idiot. in fact i was aware that comparison runs in multiple threads still couldnt figure out this problem. ill modify the batch file and ill feed it the 3 comparisons separately.
thanks again,
g

galocza

@elek benedek

"Multiple folder pairs write to a common subfolder. Please review your configuration"Zenju
checked it in the morning, everything seems to be in order.
sorry again for disturbing you with a stupid mistake like this.
g