Sync.com Cloud

Discuss new features and functions

Marioespr

I configured FreeFileSync with Google Drive and OneDrive. Is it also possible to configure it with the Sync.com cloud? Thank you.

limex

How did you configure OneDrive?
I thought that there is no SFTP for onedrive available?

rianno

I have the same question: How did you configure OneDrive?

rianno

"Masfur" still there?

limex

I gave up looking and waiting for a solution and moved to beyond compare. Pro Edition can sync to Onedrive. It's not free but does the job very well.

rianno

Hi Limex, I'm using Total Commander with OneDrive, and it works well. The only problem is that the upload speed is 2.5 MBytes/s (I've a fiber-optic connection)... very slow.
What about Beyond Compare? How fast is it?

rianno

Hi Limex, still there?

limex

Do you really need assistance on how to google "Beyond Compare"?

rianno

Hi Limex, I post again my question.
I'm using Total Commander with OneDrive, and it works well. The only problem is that the upload speed is 2.5 MBytes/s (even though I've a fiber-optic connection)... very slow.
What about Beyond Compare? How fast is it?

limex

Go to www.speedtest.net to check your theoretical upload speed. If it is 2.5 MB/s, then no tool will help you.
In Generell with file sync, your overall speed is lower when you have many small files, because you have more overhead in opening/closing of files.
The advantage of Beyond Compare over Total Commander is than you can tell it to have multiple connections ( I use 10) running in parallel.

rianno

thanks

RayJohnson

You can synch to OneDrive if you assign a drive letter to OneDrive.
It works but is slow, and has some quirks. For example, files that have a '~' in the filename, are renamed on OneDrive.. the '~' becomes a '^'.
If you upload via the OneDrive browser, it does not show this behaviour.

https://www.partitionwizard.com/partitionmagic/assign-drive-letter-to-onedrive-008.html
There are more links with instructions. Just google.

Kind regards

rianno

thanks