Does FFS makes changes to source folders?

Get help for specific problems

Ami

Hi everyone!

I have just installed and tried out FFS for the first time on my Windows 10/64 -17763.
I followed the instructions, used FFS to create a batch job to mirror my windows document folder and mirror it to a NAS server.
I then launched FFS real-time, imported the batch file and started it.
I was immediately greeted with a windows security warning that the "Location of the temporary internet files has changed".
I closed FFS, let windows fix the issue but now I have serious concerns about FFS making changes to the source folders which is something I absolutely can't allow.
Any ideas what happened, why it happens, and how to solve this?

Thanks,
Ami

Plerry

Did the location of your temporary internet files change?
This can/should have nothing to do with FFS, and despite the coincidental occurrence is likely fully unrelated to FFS. Is it repeatable?

Or did the content of the location of your temporary internet files change?
If you included the location of your temporary internet files in the locations to be synced by FFS, then FFS may have written a sync.ffs_lock file there, "locking" that folder for other FFS syncs until the running sync has ended and has removed said sync.ffs_lock file again.
Windows(?) may not like other applications changing the contents of its temporary internet files location. (???)
As these are temporary internet files, they likely do not need to be synced, so you may exclude that folder via the Exclude filter (if not already in the Exclude filter definitions already).
If you need to sync that folder nevertheless, you may prevent locking via a sync.ffs_lock file by setting the LockDirectoriesDuringSync flag to false.

Ami

Hi Plerry and thanks for your reply.
The location has not changed, and this phenomenon is reproducible.
I set my entire documents folder to sync as a test case only before going ahead and trying to sync the 1TB folder I plan to use it for.
I will check the lock directory option.
Thanks,
Ami