Mirror Syncronization is not deleting files on the right side

Get help for specific problems

Frxhb

Hello Guys,

I tried to backup a file from the left side (User/Documents) to the right side /User/Desktop

When I synchronized it, the file is also on the right side, everything fine.

But when I delete the file on the left side (the one I copied to the right side), and then hit synchronize, the file wont delete on the right side... Do u guys know what to do ?

Cheers
Fran.

Plerry

It reads like you may be running an Update sync rather than a Mirror sync variant.
What is the proposed action for said file if you just run a Compare?

Frxhb

I have File A on User/Documents and press Mirror Syncronize in FFS and synchronize this file to my new folder on User/Desktop. Now the File A is on my Desktop and in my Documents. So now I delete the file A in my Documents. Now I want that FFS synchronize, that I deleted the file in my documents so FFS also delete the file on my Desktop. But how can I do this?

I am sorry for my bad english :D

Cheers
Fran.

Frxhb

Ahh, before I press the sync button, I need to press the compare button. Then the program saw that I deleted one file on the left side. Then I pressed the sync button and the program deleted the file also on the right side

Plerry

Sure!
When in GUI-mode, the FFS sync button executes the proposed actions shown in the Synchronization preview window(10), which is the result of a running a Compare.
If anything changed in the to-be-synced folders since your last Compare, you need to run a new Compare.
(Note that items in the Synchronization preview window may be hidden via the icon(s) mid-below the Synchronization preview window. Hidden proposed actions will still be executed when running the actual sync.)
Last edited by Plerry on 21 Feb 2020, 13:01, edited 1 time in total.

Frxhb

Sure!
When in GUI-mode, the FFS sync button executes the proposed actions shown in the Synchronization preview window(10), which is the result of a running a Compare. (Note that items in the Synchronization preview window may be hidden per the icon(s) mid-below the Synchronization preview window) Plerry, 21 Feb 2020, 12:58
Thanks for your help!