Donation Version Update Blew Up

Get help for specific problems

sro

I received a notification that version 10.21 was available. As typical, I said go ahead and update. The update failed. Now I cannot use the software. I have not yet tried a clean re-install, that is, one where I remove what is on the PC and start over. I suspect that would also remove my Donation Version status.

What happened?
Site Admin

Zenju

Any error messages?

sro

"MoveFile failed; code 183.
Cannot create a file when that file already exists."

Neither Retry nor Ignore worked. I've updated FreeFileSync many times without errors. Now I have lost my backup software.

When I try starting the FREEFILESYNC.EXE file in the FFS folder, I get "Not found: Application." The application date appears to match version 10.20, not 10.21.

Do I have to scrub all traces of FFS from my system and re-install?
Site Admin

Zenju

Can you check AV? Since FFS just released, it's possible that it is blocked. If this doesn't help, next step would be https://freefilesync.org/faq.php#trace

sro

I used Revo Uninstaller to remove FFS (except for references to "Donation Edition"). Then I re-installed FFS 10.21. When I started 10.21, it indicated 10.22 was available and I permitted an auto-update, which appears to have been successful. I think I am back in business.