Added MacOS Icon files to Exclude list, but they are not being excluded

Discuss new features and functions

gdm82

Hi! I have added */Icon to the Exclude list, but the Icon files are not being excluded when the comparison is performed. Other exclusions work fine, but this particular one doesn't. Is this a known issue?

Plerry

I don't know the file naming and location convention(s) in MacOS, so I can not assess the correctness of your Exclude specifications for Icon files.
However, if you run a Compare, the list should show any Icon files not (yet) excluded by the Exclude filter.
Simply right-click on such an Icon file, and let FFS add it to the Exclude filter.
You can then open the Include/Exclude filter setting and learn how FFS has excluded the(se) file(s).

gdm82

I don't know the file naming and location convention(s) in MacOS, so I can not assess the correctness of your Exclude specifications for Icon files.
However, if you run a Compare, the list should show any Icon files not (yet) excluded by the Exclude filter.
Simply right-click on such an Icon file, and let FFS add it to the Exclude filter.
You can then open the Include/Exclude filter setting and learn how FFS has excluded the(se) file(s). Plerry, 10 Apr 2020, 10:20
I actually added them to the Exclude List, using that method. I did not add them manually. But they keep staying in the list of filed being compared after that. It's pretty weird.