Synch Data Folder incl Outlook but Errors on Access Denied

Get help for specific problems

Mwyarm

I have read many links on this forum but I have not really found the final solution on how to solve for my similar issue.

I have a data folder that contains outlook.pst and I get an access denied as file cannot be locked. I read on the forum where someone mentioned the same and said add " & exit 0" to the command line but that did not stop the error. I then tried a post on the internet of how to set an app with administrator rights and not prompt for the UAC. However, I admit that I may have not set everything up correctly but I don't get the UAC prompts but that was never my problem. I went there because I read on another post to go to options and click the "copy locked files" which says it needs administrator rights so I was trying to set that up so it could run in auto mode without intervention and use shadow copy in case I have outlook open. I should note I am trying to run FreeFileSynch with RealTimeSynch so it auto detects when my backup drive is online and perform the required sync without any intervention.

I have tried so many options I finally resorted going back to FreeFileSync options and I clicked on ignore errors. The good news is that I no longer get the cannot lock error prompt when I have outlook open and the RealTimeSync process kicks off. However, I am concerned that another error may present itself and since I clicked ignor errors I will not be informed.

I use the following in the RealTimeSync command line and everything triggers fine to do the backup.
Start "K:\RealTimeSync Jobs\FreeFileSync No UAC.lnk" "K:\RealTimeSync Jobs\C_G_DriveImageBatchRun.ffs_batch". The FreeFileSync No UAC link is a shortcut that is supposed to grant administrator rights at startup via task scheduler that I corresponds with my comment above to give FreeFileSynch administrator rights.

So, is there a guide that outlines how to execute shadow copy with adminstrator rights without the user having to intervene? Sorry for the long post but if no one can offer their solution I suppose I will keep running with ignore errors in hopes that everything gets copied correctly. Surely, someone has this figured out? Thanks in advance