New version 10.25 lay out and no older versions avail.

Discuss new features and functions

TheoFaber

For years i have been very happy with this program. If i have to pay 20 dollars p/y no problem. BUT......

Because of the terrible new lay-out of version 10.25 I reinstalled version 10.13 (donation version). Like to have version 10.24, but only find copy’s on internet, with a virus or other unwanted dangers. All this, because on the Freefilesync site, I can not find a earlier version???? Why is that. Not everyone is happy with this new version!!!

TAC109

Did you look in the 'Archive' section? (Button next to the 'Download' button along the top.)

TheoFaber

NO I DID NOT ... and that's stupid of me! Probably a languish problem (i am Dutch)? But indeed...it's all there. Thank you very much, so i can continue to be happy with this handy program. Again i will donate something ... but pls remove that terrible new lay-out (10.25), it's confusing!!!

Bacchus66

I'm not a big fan of the new layout either. But I'd settle for an option to select old/new style layouts so end users can choose

I can see how some people might like the new style, but I really don't. I liked having the column names in a distinct vertical column. Made it easier to read.

TheoFaber

Indeed, selectable lay-out will be super. So, the standard user (like me) and the more pro user, how wants to see the full tree, are both served. Let’s wait for that version, because the program itself is ok! For only some donations now and then. Greatz from the Netherlands.

fishcad

I think I could get used to the new layout IF the top folder wasn't cut off if the FFS window was too small on the screen.
fs issue 2.jpg
fs issue 2.jpg (103.78 KiB) Viewed 2446 times
If the window is large enough you can then see the top folder. If part of the file path is to be cut off it should be the end.
fs issue 1.jpg
fs issue 1.jpg (84.68 KiB) Viewed 2446 times

Darth Agnon

I wish layout was user-selectable, too :'(