Date Time format column configuration

Discuss new features and functions

ffsuser100

Please add to the application settings a possibility to configure format of the date Time column, which is displayed in Comparison Window. Now it's fixed US format.

therube

(Not that I know how it works, but...)

It appears that FFS is following the OS settings?

What language settings do you have your OS set to?
What language are you using in FFS?

ffsuser100

OS date settings follow UK standard like dd.mm.yyyy. FFS display dates like mm/dd/yyyy. Hence, FFS does not follow OS settings.
Site Admin

Zenju

FFS follows OS settings on Windows and macOS but (currently) not on Linux. Which OS is it?

ffsuser100

Linux (Ubuntu)

bgstack15

Perhaps you could try invoking FreeFileSync using various locale settings as described at https://www.tecmint.com/set-system-locales-in-linux/. I have not tried this myself, but C programs (and probably C++ as well) will use the locale settings to help determine values such as timestamps, units of currency, etc.

ffsuser100

Perhaps you could try invoking FreeFileSync using various locale settings as described at https://www.tecmint.com/set-system-locales-in-linux/. I have not tried this myself, but C programs (and probably C++ as well) will use the locale settings to help determine values such as timestamps, units of currency, etc. bgstack15, 23 Aug 2020, 22:36
The problem, that FFS doesn't follow OS local settings on Linux (see comments above)
Site Admin

Zenju

Implemented for the next version:
Respect user-preferred number/time format (Linux)

ffsuser100

Implemented for the next version:
Respect user-preferred number/time format (Linux)
Zenju, 24 Aug 2020, 11:41
Thank you very much ! 11.1 version resolved the issue.