Suggestion: FFS to move files ...?!

Discuss new features and functions

donauinsel

Hi ! There is obviously no function to move files from one dir to another. Maybe you can add a feature to do this. Thank you

Plerry

There are obviously many other functions FreeFileSync (FFS) can/does not perform either.
Before adding any feature, it is always the question if such "missing" function makes sense for a synchronization-tool.
To me, a move is completely unrelated to a sync, except for dealing with moved or renamed files (which is supported by FFS).

donauinsel

In sync settings there is an option to delete a file in case it exists only on "left" side. So i think a simple option to delete a file after syncing on left side is not a big deal. The sense behind for me is to put this together into FFS instad of additional file operations with explorer. Anyway ... doesn't matter if dev is not interested in.

xCSxXenon

So you don't want a sync? You want to copy the changes from source to destination, then delete the data off the source?

donauinsel

Yes ... did i miss something ? Edit: Dir / File on right side does not exists before "moving".

xCSxXenon

FFS is a sync program, what you want to do is not really a sync. What you can do is run 'update' which which not delete files off the destination, even if they don't exist on the source, then have a post sync command run that deletes the data on the source.