Modification time/date changed on files.

Get help for specific problems

rosede

I use FreeFileSync to keep encrypted data in sync with backup devices. I used VeraCrypt to encrypt a volume of data, then I have multple encrypted backup devices that I backup up the data to.

I recently setup a new backup location on a NAS device and synced the data to the new encrypted volume. All except about a dozen files synced no issue. I get an red lighting bolt on the ones that wont sync and a message telling me that the file has an invalid date. When I look at the date/time stamps, I see a modification date/time of Friday, December 31, 4500. I'm not sure what caused this date change. I look at the files in the other backups and the modification date is just fine. I even restored these files from a backup, but something once again changed the date.

I'm not sure if this is a FreeFileSync issue, or perhaps VeraCrypt. I can still sync to the original backs locations, just not to the new location.

Thoughts?

Daryl

therube

(The actual issue here, can't say. But 1/1/4501 I've run across. And if you take DST &/or timezone differences into account, you could end up with 12/31/4500.)

(Seemingly 1/1/4501 [is] the representation of an "empty" date value [in MS Outlook].)

rosede

Thank you for the reply.

I ended up using powershell to change the modification date. I'm no powershell expert, but I was able to muddle my way through. I'm not sure how the modification date changed, but it happened on two other files as well. I'm beginning to worry about using FreeFileSync. I hope this doesn't become a trend.

Daryl