Windows Scheduled Task uses 32 bit .exe

Discuss new features and functions

Bordonbert

Hi guys, a simple one this time. I've dug around and found a few posts relevant to this but none which seem to give me an answer to my own situation.

I'm using Win10 Pro 64 bit with a full 32GB of RAM and endless disc space available. FFS is v11.8 64 bit as reported from its Help. FFS runs fine manually. It shows a single FFS process running using FreeFileSync_x64.exe in its Properties.

I have a defined batch file which does the task and completes just as it should. I have set up a Windows Task scheduled for early morning to run that batch file which again works as it should. The problem is that when the batch file is run, either from the scheduler or manually, Task Manager reports under Background Tasks that FreeFileSync.exe is in turn running the 32 bit version even though everything for the system is correct for 64 bit.

There must surely be something I am missing here. Can you help?
Site Admin

Zenju

You probably configured task planner for "Windows Vista/Windows Server 2008"

Bordonbert

Bang on the money to a point! I did make that mistake originally Zenju but I spotted it and changed it to Win 10.

Just checked it again to make sure. It is still set for Win 10 and it still opens the 32 bit .exe when the task is run from Windows Task Scheduler.

Bordonbert

Just to be sure!
FFS_Not_64bit_exe.jpg
FFS_Not_64bit_exe.jpg (69.21 KiB) Viewed 1029 times
Site Admin

Zenju

The bottom FFS process is the 32-bit launcher, which either selects the 32-bit or 64-bit main executable. The FFS process above in your screenshot is the 64-bit main exe, so all is fine.

Bordonbert

Aha! I appreciate the reassurance Zenju. I wondered why there were two processes listed but I figured it was the other way around. Problem solved Thanks again for your help.

(I hope it isn't too personal to ask, Zenju seems a considered choice of a username. How are you writing it in kanji? Anything to do with Confucianism? 禅儒)