Sync with OneDrive via network device

Get help for specific problems

Paddy1348

Dear all,
I use FreeFileSync since several years now. Thank you very much for this great tool! Currently, I'm struggling with the sync of my OneDrive cloud storage and I hope that somebody can help me with my problem.

I have to sync nearly 600 GB of data with OneDrive and I find it rather uncomfortable to do this with the OneDrive app. FFS does not support a direct OneDrive connection but there is a workaround for this problem: You can mount OneDrive as network drive and use this network drive in FFS.

The mounting of OneDrive as network drive works fine as long as I do not restart my computer. My problem is that the connection gets lost after restart. It seems that Windows does not save the credentials for the network drive properly (as shown in the attached image). Windows adds a "MicrosoftAccount\" prefix to the username which prevents automatic reconnection. The reconnection works fine when I remove this prefix manually.

Does anybody know how to fix this problem? I have found several similar cases on the internet but no solution so far. I have allready checked the credentials saved in my windows account and they are correct (without the "MicrosoftAccount" prefix).

Thank you very much for your help!
Attachments
Bild1.jpg
Bild1.jpg (26.96 KiB) Viewed 5593 times

xCSxXenon

Microsoft will have to update the way credentials are stored and handled with OneDrive reconnections for it to work.

Plerry

Since the last Windows update I have seen more of these sort of reports.
For some the remedy was to not use MicrosoftAccount\[username],
but instead use local\[username]
or [ip-address]\[username]
or (in your case) d.docs.live.net\[username]

Paddy1348

Thank you very much for your answers. Unfortunately, the changes of the user name didn't work. So I have to look for another solution.

mhoude

You can start a command when you logon ie: net use x: ...