Is there a way for the completion pop-up to show up lower on the screen?

Get help for specific problems

phrab

First, I'd like to say how wonderful this utility is. I have Win10 & FreeFileSync version 11.9 [Donation edition] 64 Bit & use it several times a day.

After I run a sync job, which may involve several files, there's a pop-up window showing that the job was completed & errors, if any. I wish the pop-up would show up further down so that it doesn't block the list of files that were sync'd. I realize that I can simply drag the pop-up screen down with the mouse, so this is only a small problem, but I'd like to be able to have it automatically pop-up further down.

Is there a way I can accomplish this?
Thank you in advance!

I've posted an image below of what I'm talking about.
Attachments
freesync1.png
freesync1.png (108.95 KiB) Viewed 1589 times

xCSxXenon

I thought I remember there being a recent update that saves where you leave the windows. So, if you drag it out of the way and close it, it should remember that location for the next time that sync is run.

phrab

Thank you for your reply. Before posting, I tried several times where I moved the screen out of the way & then closed it. Also, I noticed something about that smaller screen. If you move the mouse to any of the 4 edges, you get a double sided arrow, which usually means that you can make the screen smaller or larger. However, trying to drag it larger or smaller doesn't work.

Do you know which update was supposed to allow you to save the screen location?

Thanks again for your help.

P.S. I've noticed something strange about replying to posts like this one. When I hit submit, it takes me to a screen where I'm no longer logged in & I get a message that says "you have to login to reply...but I am logged in when I reply. In other words, I can't make a "quick reply". I have to first go to full editor & preview.

xCSxXenon

Keep previous windows size when maximized during auto-exit
This is under the changes for version 11.4
It only mentions 'maximized' though, maybe that is the difference.

Your issues with the forum are more than likely something with your browser. You could try a different browser, clear your cookies/cache, check extensions. I haven't had any issues

phrab

Thanks again. I cleared cookies/cache & whitelisted this site with Ad-blocker & uBlock origin. We'll see if it happens again.

phrab

I have FreeFileSync 11.18 (donation edition) & Windows 10 version 21H2 (64-bit).

I know this is an old thread, but the issue I described (the pop-up window blocking the list of files) still occurs. I've tried it maximized & with different adjusted sizes. However, no matter what I do, the pop-up window still blocks the list of files after I syncronize.

Does anyone know of a cure for this? Does this happen to anyone else.

Thank you in advance.

phrab

I know this is an old post, but I'm still having this issue on Windows 10 with every update of FreeFileSync (donation edition). Even when I drag the result window down, it moves up to the same position.
Attachments
freefilesync.jpg
freefilesync.jpg (57.79 KiB) Viewed 510 times

xCSxXenon

Are you still using the same Windows install?
What version is that? It looks old
Seeing as you have Classic Shell installed, do you have other 'tweaking' software installed?

phrab

I still have Windows 10 Pro, but it's had several updates. Currently the version is 22H2, (build 19045).
I have various software tools, but other windows can be opened, moved to another spot, closed, & will reopen where I last placed them.

wohlfelder

The main FFS window "remembers" its size *and* position, so I agree that the progress dialog should also remember both its size and position.

phrab

The main FFS window "remembers" its size *and* position, so I agree that the progress dialog should also remember both its size and position. wohlfelder, 18 May 2023, 07:54
Does it remember its position for you? And what OS do you have?

wohlfelder

No, that's exactly my point, the progress dialog only remembers its size, not its position.
Windows 11 22H2 x64.