Sync with Google Drive not seeing Google file types

Get help for specific problems

RichD

Hello,

Before I start I have read this thread viewtopic.php?t=7827 and am running the latest version of FFS.

I am syncing to Google Drive and it is working fine with the exception of Google Docsw, Google Sheets and Google Slides. I have used Google Backup and Sync and this does indeed download these files with the suffix .gdoc, sheets, gslides. Shown here:
FFS03.jpg
FFS03.jpg (9.39 KiB) Viewed 3130 times
FFS04.jpg
FFS04.jpg (10.39 KiB) Viewed 3130 times
Is there anyway that FFS can download these files? Is the problem that they are shown in Google Drive as having no file size?

When I compare the drives I can see the files but they are not showing up on the right hand side. This is shown here:
FFS01.jpg
FFS01.jpg (37.52 KiB) Viewed 3130 times
These are the files in Google Drive:
FFS02.jpg
FFS02.jpg (15.19 KiB) Viewed 3130 times
Is there a setting that I have not used or is this something that FFS cannot yet sync? I thought I had found a solution to syncing my Shared Drives but cannot sync the native Google documents.

Thank you.

Percus

Hi team FreeFileSync, any news on this?
Site Admin

Zenju

Unfortunately Google doesn't allow this. You're supposed to keep everything in the cloud, not download it, remember?

anykey

I've been looking for a way to sync my Google Drive native docs, and I'd love to keep all of my syncs within FreeFileSync if possible.
Google made this a bit complicated, but it's possible to convert the Google Drive document types to other filetypes (as rclone does).

Is there interest in including this feature in FreeFileSync?