Feature request - option to rescan on completion of sync

Discuss new features and functions

troels

I posted about this before - I am using RealTimeSync to monitor a number of folders. My syncs often take many hours and during this time other files have often changed. These are not picked up during the sync so are only actioned on the next subsequent file change or if I manually run the rescan/sync.

Could you please consider an option to perform a rescan at the end of a sync?

I implemented a very clunky system using batch files run on the end of a sync but it is unreliable and requires a scheduled task. Not nice at all.

A check box to run a rescan at the end of a sync would be great.

xCSxXenon

Change the idle time of RTS to a longer duration and it will catch those later changes. If the directories are constantly being changed, then RTS is a much lesser solution than a scheduled task

troels

Change the time to hours?

Won't that mean that (whilst idle), file or folder changes won't be actioned for hours? This would just be introducing another problem.

A simple option to rescan on completion would solve everything.

xCSxXenon

There is already an option that solves the problem, Task Scheduler, and it's more robust and universal.
I didn't say change the time to hours? What is it set to now? How often are these directories modified where you would need an absurdly long idle time but a scheduled task isn't the solution? Are you just not familiar with tasks?