[Bug] [Forum] Forum loses everthing on login

Discuss new features and functions

Konzertheld

Hello everyone,

I just noticed that when I have to re-login (for whatever reason) after submitting a post, everything is lost. I am being redirected to the "Post a new topic" form but text and attachments are gone. :(

Cheers,
Christian

therube

From time to time, I've noticed some quirks like you've mentioned.

Depending on your browser, a back arrow may get you back to your post content - which you can copy (to clipboard), then log in again, & paste it back in.

Otherwise, if there is a long enough period between logging in & the next interaction with the board, you may have timed out.

Plerry

Is this behavior different from other forums?
In my experience, on all forums, any post or reply that is not submitted (or in some cases: not saved as draft), is lost when the connection is lost and restored.
But I agree it is particularly frustrating if this happens when clicking the Submit button, after carefully composing a message or reply ...
Site Admin

Zenju

This shouldn't be an issue with this forum however. By using the browser back button, you will get back to the input form with (hopefully) all texts preserved.

xCSxXenon

I used to have the same issue on here actually, it went away after a few days though. I don't think it had to do with the forum itself though, rather something with my computer or the browser.