Time Synchronization Question

Get help for specific problems

Loopback57

Have a 4TB backup, when I compare the original to the backup using File time and Size with a Mirror Sync, all backup files are marked for deletion and a new write from the original. If I use File content OR File size none of the files are. Obviously this means that the time/date stamp of the backup files are off and when I compare them there is a significant difference in the time/date between the two although the file content is the same.

My question is this, since I KNOW that the files are actually the same, is there any suggestions on updating the time/date stamp on the backup files to match the original WITHOUT a full delete and new backup from the original drive? I know that i could just select File size as the comparison criteria but I would prefer to continue to use "File time and size" instead of the other two options.

TAC109

Sometimes problems like this are caused by a change to Daylight Saving Time. Click the link for more information.

xCSxXenon

Or you are syncing to something that is breaking the timestamps. What are they?

Loopback57

I adjusted for DST, in fact I over adjusted and put in a 4:00 cushion in the config. I am backing up from a SSD in my Windows 10 PC to a QNAP 219 NAS

TAC109

The over-adjustment may be the problem. You should supply one or more EXACT adjustments. See the note near the bottom of the page I linked to in my previous message.

Loopback57

Thanks, that sorted it.