Real Time Sync not detecting file changes

Get help for specific problems

nuk1no

Hello,
I'm using FFs and RTs to keep a couple of folders synced between my PC and an external ssd (That is not always connected). This used to work perfectly until recently when RealTimeSync stopped detecting changes and calling FFs. If I manually open FFs and compare + sync everything works fine, but Real time sync is not detecting when the ssd is plugged in or detecting any sort of changes while the SSD is plugged in. Seen as I haven't changed anything I assume that this was caused by some recent update to the application.
My OS is Pop Os 21.04 and I'm using FFs 11.14.

Thank you.

therube

That is not always connected
How did it work in earlier versions?

Sync was always running.
When the drive was not connected, there was no sync, obviously.
And when you connected the drive, at that point, it caught up on all missed items that needed to be synced?

And now, when you connect the drive, RTS is not recognizing the need to sync?

If you were to Quit the RTS, connect the drive, then restart RTS, does RTS then sync?

xCSxXenon

Also, how is RTS set up? Using the drive letter or a variable drive name for the external SSD?

nuk1no

Sorry for the late reply.
Yes, when the drive was inserted it caught up on all items that weren't synced.
ATM When I connect the drive nothing happens (with RTS on ofc).
If I restart RTS with the drive connected it also doesn't work (doesn't even detect when folders on the computer change).
The RTS is set up with a drive name mounted on /media/<user>/.
THe same directory name is used in FFS and works perfectly fine.

snx

Is the RealTimeSync icon grayed out all the time even after the external hard drive is connected? Are all monitored paths available when the external hard disk is connected? If so, it could be the same problem as described here:

viewtopic.php?t=9083

Try to split the RealTimeSync folder monitoring into separate instances, at least this worked for me.