[WISH] Total Time (scan+sync) in Task List overview

Discuss new features and functions

donauinsel

It would be great having the total time (scan + sync) next to last sync. date.
thank you

xCSxXenon

You can click the symbol to the right of the sync to open the log file and the total time is at the top. Id on't think compare time is included in that though

donauinsel

I know but compare time is missing there. I need the total time to know when to start a manual job which should finish at specific time.

Plerry

Like with investments:
Results in the past are no guarantee for the future ...

donauinsel

Agree but copy time alone is also useless (for future results) ... so whenever i sync same sources i can expect copy time. The only way to do my wish is currently renaming task with last total but makes tasklist a bit unreadable.
Site Admin

Zenju

At the very least FFS should prepend the compare times as shown in the log,
10:50:11 Info Comparison finished: 26.328 items found | Time elapsed: 00:00:15
(or the whole comparison log for that matter) to the synchronization log when using the GUI. This harmonizes the behavior with FFS batch jobs, where this has always been the case.

=> Implemented for FFS 11.18

TODO: Clarify:
• Should the duration of the comparison also add to the total time of the sync? (Like is done with FFS batch jobs?)
• Should the start time of the comparison be shown in the sync log instead?

donauinsel

It would be great having a possible selection in left upper corner sync time and/or total time.
Eg. if i synchrize a big folder it takes about some minutes to compare after which total time is 00:00:00 whenver nothing was to copy. But in case i need to observe the process it would be great having last total time besides last sync time.

donauinsel

Hello again ! Is it possible to show the total value (scan + copy) from log in left panel next to last sync ?
Site Admin

Zenju

Perhaps more sync stats should be shown in the config panel as a tool tip:
Completed successfully
    Items processed: 2.441 (5,98 GB)
    Total time: 00:00:02

donauinsel

Yes but it should show total time with comparison time also if possible. I have to sync a lot of files and sometimes i need tghe info how long it takes include comparison before i start.

therube

You're wanting the time that the comparison took - because that is there already.

Or you're wanting the time that the comparison took - before any sync actually starts (i.e., giving you the opportunity to actually run the scan or not)?

---

And while we're here, the log has some "character" in it. Just not sure what it is?
[01:42:27 PM]  Info:  Comparison finished: 99,572 items found – Time elapsed: 00:00:14
–
Site Admin

Zenju

And while we're here, the log has some "character" in it. Just not sure what it is? therube, 15 May 2023, 16:03
That's an en dash. It seemed to me that this should be rendered correctly on all modern operating systems. Which OS are you using?

donauinsel

Yes i need the comparison + sync time. I know that this info is already in log but i dont want to open the log before i start to sync. So it would be great having this info somewehere easy to access (like an tooltip or in the joblist ... eg last executed, last total time etc)

therube

Which OS are you using?
Win7.
Win32Pad (OK, so it's a little dated, but it does the job :-).)
And Vim.

But I see Notepad++ displays an, er, en, dash ;-).

(I'd think a plain 'ol dash, hypen, $45$, would be more then sufficient, rather then an en or em.)

donauinsel

Hmm totaltime in popup shows only 1 sec even checking tooked about 30 secs ?!
Site Admin

Zenju

Implemented for the next version:
FreeFileSync 12.5
------------------------------
Merge logs of individual steps (comparison, manual operation, sync)
https://www.mediafire.com/file/l8fglaxm6s3palr/FreeFileSync_12.5_%255BBeta%255D_Windows_Setup%25286%2529.exe