Unable to sync with onedrive on mac

Get help for specific problems

david.vidal

Hi there,
I've been using FFS for syncing my mac on onedrive for many years now. But recently, this doesn't work anymore. The problem is FFS can't delete files on onedrive

The error message is :
Impossible to move [file name] in trash
CocoaError 256: impossible to open file « file name ». [NSFileManager::trashItemAtURL]

Any idea of a potential solution. I've already uninstall/reinstall FFS but same problem...

Thanks in advance for your help

David

Tiger1335

Hello David, I have exactly the same problem. I already had the assumption that it is because OneDrive is suddenly also no longer in the location that I select, but only an alias/shortcut is created there.

I hope someone will find a solution.

Greetings
Sebastian

david.vidal

Hi,
Finally find a solution: the problem is that FFS can't access the trash. So go to 'Actions' / sync parameters and use the 'permanent' option for deleting files
Hope this helps.
Regards
David

Tiger1335

Hi,
Finally find a solution: the problem is that FFS can't access the trash. So go to 'Actions' / sync parameters and use the 'permanent' option for deleting files
Hope this helps.
Regards
David david.vidal, 05 Apr 2022, 12:25
Oh perfect! That's great! Thanks for the info and help. I had suspected the update of OneDrive.

wicus.s

Thanks Guys!

I also sync files between Freefilesync and Onedrive and had the same problem.

Latest menu item for fix:
actions >> synchronisation settings

This need to be applied to every session you normally save.

kmahyyg

I have the same problem. And also other third party applications met the same error when action on files managed by OneDrive.

I tried to contact their application support of third party application, after a bunch of email communication, our conclusion is that this issue only exists on MacOS 12 with newer version of OneDrive installed. The problem is on OneDrive side. I just created a support request ticket for OneDrive, I will update later once I receive the notice of obvious improvement.