Update file on the right, except the file has not changed and it is the same file according to file size and content

Get help for specific problems

Mewto

I have been having this issue since I started using this awesome software. I use a flash drive to copy files between two hard drive. They are connected alternatively to the same computer. I am using Windows 10 on both.

The problem is that sometimes it will tell me that the file on the right, that is the files on the flash drive needs to be updated. But they are the exact same files and absolutely nothing has changed. If I use file size or file content to compare, it shows that there is nothing to sync which is the correct answer.

I use freefilesync present on both of the operating system present on the hard drive. Is it detecting the database that I created on the other hard drive?

Exactly what am I doing wrong? Thank you.

xCSxXenon

Make sure you are using two-way sync. Also, if you or anything else interacts with the files, the modification date may update, causing a difference.

Mewto

Make sure you are using two-way sync. Also, if you or anything else interacts with the files, the modification date may update, causing a difference. xCSxXenon, 18 Apr 2022, 15:00
Thanks for the replay. I use mirror sync. So the issue is me opening the files?

xCSxXenon

No one can speak in absolutes on your specific case.

TAC109

Sometimes problems like this are caused by a change to Daylight Saving Time. Click the link for more information.

Mewto

Sometimes problems like this are caused by a change to Daylight Saving Time. Click the link for more information. TAC109, 18 Apr 2022, 22:06
You know, this might be the reason. I had been having my clock automatically changing itself to adjust for daylight savings and I keep fixing it but changes itself. Both my disks are NTFS though. Next time, I will keep this in mind. Thanks.