[Feature request] Enable/Disable folder pairs within the active configuration

Discuss new features and functions

A.B.

Dear FFS community,

I'm a regular user of FFS.

And I regularly face some (very...) long folder synchronizations, when I (temporarily) am on a low bandwidth network, on some FFS configurations containing many files or big amount of data.

In that case, I would appreciate to be able to dynamically enable/disable (via a checkbox) each folder pair within a configuration (to avoid sync them on slow net) and without having to remove them from the configuration (and therefore loose some folder pairs and later have to recreate them).

Here below is a textual illustration of my proposed feature request (continue to perform my sync using one of my configurations, but with a subset of the rules it contains:

- Today with FreeFileSync, I have for my configuration "Test":
[+][-][local://Dir/A][Path][△☁️][⚙][Y][⚙][local://Dir/A][Path][△☁️] => few files & data, I *do* care when on a slow network
[v][-][local://Dir/B][Path][△☁️][⚙][Y][⚙][local://Dir/B][Path][△☁️] => contains a lot of files I *don't* care when on a slow network
[v][-][local://Dir/C][Path][△☁️][⚙][Y][⚙][local://Dir/C][Path][△☁️] => few files & data, I *do* care when on a slow network

- Tomorrow, I'm looking for this:
(new checkbox in front of each rule of my configuration, to define if
I want the rule to be enabled, or (temporarily) disabled, and indeed
I want that information to be saved in the configuration file)
↓↓↓
*[x]*[+][-][local://Dir/A][Path][△☁️][⚙][Y][⚙][local://Dir/A][Path][△☁️] => few files & data, I *do* care when on a slow network
*[ ]*[v][-][local://Dir/B][Path][△☁️][⚙][Y][⚙][local://Dir/B][Path][△☁️] => contains a lot of files I *don't* care when on a slow network
*[x]*[v][-][local://Dir/C][Path][△☁️][⚙][Y][⚙][local://Dir/C][Path][△☁️] => few files & data, I *do* care when on a slow network
↑↑↑

Indeed, those Enable/Disable statuses of folder pairs, would (AFAP) be saved in the configuration.

Thanks for your kind interest in my suggestion.

Best regards,

--
Alex.B

xCSxXenon

You can just click the '-' symbol to remove a folder pair. It doesn't permanently remove it from the config unless you click 'save' after removing a pair.