"compare" finishes, no longer changes focus to "synchronize" ;(

Get help for specific problems

ottenm

Hello-
Just updated to 11.21 and when the compare completes, hitting [enter] no longer runs "synchronize", it just runs compare again. Is there a way to get the old behavior back (where just hitting 'enter' runs synchronize)? And/or uninstall the update and roll back to a previous version?

Thank you for any help, and apologies for being a nuisance. I run it dozens of times a day, and am pretty deeply habituated to opening ffs, hitting enter, waiting for the compare, hitting enter, and being done.

Mike

therube

I'll confirm the behavior change (between say, 11.10) & 11.21.

(Never even knew that "feature" existed. And if you relied upon it...)

xCSxXenon

You can use F5 and F9 for the same function. You can just hit F9 and it will run a compare and sync in one click also.

ottenm

Thanks a ton therube! Sorry for the hassle. I did a couple of random tries: 11.16 does not have this "feature" ([enter] just reruns compare). 1.8 does have this feature ([enter] after compare runs synchronize).

Thank you, too xCSxXenon! I tried F5/F9 yesterday, but my laptop uses a 1-point font on the function keys (that are also not positioned directly above their corresponding/readable number keys).

Gads man, I feel like some old codger bitching about how they haven't made a good quality pencil since '47. ;)

You people are tolerant and helpful, I appreciate it!

ottenm

If it helps: 11.15 was the last version to automatically move the focus to the 'synchronize' button as soon as 'compare' completes.
Maybe part of: "Set keyboard focus on config panel after startup"
Site Admin

Zenju

Maybe part of: "Set keyboard focus on config panel after startup" ottenm, 26 May 2022, 18:31
Yes, this was the change. The idea is to make it easer to run multiple syncs by only using the keyboard. So you can use up/down arrow keys to select a different config, then Enter to start the comparison.

I think if the comparison is done, the second Enter should just start the sync, while keyboard focus remains on the config panel.

Let me know if this works, and/or if there are other improvement ideas for keyboard:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ehp2oydsrk52c27/FreeFileSync_11.22_%255BBeta%255D_Windows_Setup.exe

ottenm

That's as thrilling as it gets! Thanks a *million*, couldn't be happier!
Mike

Another keyboard idea: whatever I used to use to sync, had the <esc> key wired to exit. FFS is more of an app than a dialog box, so maybe too extreme, but if you have a lot of people like me just doing the same thing over and over, almost never changing anything ...

Not much else, it's pretty pristine.

Thank you again!