Cannot Move File *.ffs_tmp

Get help for specific problems

dozuki

I've looked through the forum and it seems like other people are having this problem as well. As snippet from my log shows:
3:12:01 PM Warning The recycle bin is not supported by the following folders. Deleted or overwritten files will not be able to be restored:
J:\_classic_\WTF\Account\STRYDDER
3:12:01 PM Error Cannot move file
"J:\_classic_\WTF\Account\STRYDDER\Benediction\Ryobá\AddOns~4ff2.ffs_tmp" to
"J:\_classic_\WTF\Account\STRYDDER\Benediction\Ryobá\AddOns.txt".
ERROR_ALREADY_EXISTS: Cannot create a file when that file already exists. [MoveFileEx]
3:12:04 PM Error Cannot move file
"J:\_classic_\WTF\Account\STRYDDER\Benediction\Ryobá\cache~99ce.ffs_tmp" to
"J:\_classic_\WTF\Account\STRYDDER\Benediction\Ryobá\cache.md5".
ERROR_ALREADY_EXISTS: Cannot create a file when that file already exists. [MoveFileEx]
3:12:04 PM Error Cannot move file
"J:\_classic_\WTF\Account\STRYDDER\Benediction\Ryobá\chat-cache~8a2d.ffs_tmp" to
"J:\_classic_\WTF\Account\STRYDDER\Benediction\Ryobá\chat-cache.txt".
I'm currently running version 11.22 Donation Edition. From another post, I tried reverting to 11.19, but that's showing the same issue. It seems to run okay if I tell it to ignore all errors, but obviously that's not an optimal solution.

I'm synchronizing between the hard disk on my computer and an attached memory stick. I've attached the config file for reference.
Attachments
WoW Keybinds-Macros.ffs_gui
(2.53 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
Site Admin

Zenju

Investigation is currently stalled: viewtopic.php?t=7898&start=30#p32404

dozuki

Do you have a workaround for this issue? I read through the thread you linked, and it didn't provide any reasonable help.

Plerry

If you read linked thread, and particularly Zenju's last message there
(viewtopic.php?t=7898&start=30#p32654)
he has likely solved the problem, but is still waiting for a verification before releasing the fix.

dozuki

Yeah but that was from Jan 18. Doesn't seem to be in a hurry to get it done. I'll look into installing the Beta and do the process trace. Sounds like no one else is willing to do it.
Site Admin

Zenju

Yeah but that was from Jan 18. Doesn't seem to be in a hurry to get it done. I'll look into installing the Beta and do the process trace. Sounds like no one else is willing to do it. dozuki, 04 Aug 2022, 20:39
If nobody can be bothered to do some testing, then the issue apparently is not important.

kamkie

beta installers are expired
Site Admin

Zenju

Could be a corrupted disk, fixable via Windows error checking: viewtopic.php?t=9776#p36079