Mirroring to FTP

Get help for specific problems

rhabbott

I have been mirroring large backup files to a remote FTP server over the Internet. Files are about 250GB. When the remote Internet connection goes down I get the Retry, Ignore dialog box. I try the Retry and if the connection is back up it continues.

First problem is when the retry is successful FFS starts a new file with .tmp extension. The other day connection when up and down about 5 times. I ended up with 6 files with .tmp extension and the total of the six files is about the size of the local file being mirrored. Isn't there a way to append to the previous .tmp file or restart from a specific byte?

Second problem is the local file (left side) gets truncated or copied over to the small first small segment of the remote file (right side) before the retry. In other words, a 250GB file on left get mirrored to right but retried several times so right has 6 segments totaling about 250GB but the left file get truncated to size of first segment, in my case it ended up about 24GB. Not good. My backup gets hosed and the mirror of it is six segments.
Site Admin

Zenju

First problem: ffs_tmp file will automatically be deleted during the next sync.

Second problem: I'm not sure this is even possible, unless you have a second ffs sync running at the same time. A retry doesn't change sync directions, so the source side should be unchanged.