Number of activation limit

Discuss new features and functions

jchomaz

Hi,

I tried to look for the latest posts on this subject as well as mentions on the FAQ but I couldn't find anything.
Is there a basic activation limit on the Donation version?
If so, is it possible to increase this limit?
Thanks for your help.

Thank for your time.
Last edited by jchomaz on 14 Nov 2023, 10:58, edited 1 time in total.

xCSxXenon

There is no limit
Site Admin

Zenju

The question doesn't make sense. The Donation edition is "expected to be used by you and your friends"
https://freefilesync.org/faq.php#donation-edition

It's not clearly specified how many friends you are allowed to have, but "unlimited" is not the right answer.

Also, the Donation Edition is not designed for commercial use:
https://freefilesync.org/faq.php#commercial

andreino

Sorry for my bad english
I have a question and maybe I can append it here
I'm a happy user of the donation edition
Until yesterday I used Freefilesync on 3 PC: my desktop, my notebook and son's notebook. I love the portable edition, so I copied the entire folder on each device (no full installation)
Today my wife has her new laptop and I try to launch Freefilesync on it, after I copied the portable folder. All ok
But now I see that Freefilesync on my PC is not anymore a Donation Edition because I "registered" this new device. So I think there is a maximum limit of 3 devices
Am I right? and how can I have Freefilesync D.E. on 4 (or more) devices, all in my family?
Is it wrong that I simply copied the portable folder of FFS instead that I install it...?

xCSxXenon

There is no limit in place. Your PC 'losing' donation edition is unrelated to you using the portable edition on another device. You may need to just reinstall your donation edition on your PC

Lindow

Hello, Corona did it: After working at home-office, i was used to synchronize my laptop with factory network. Maybe ten days ago, ffs always shows: "there is nothing to synchonize". Do you have any experience , that same security routine may block the ffs-verifying procedure? The - nothing is to synchronize - state remains, if the ethernet is disconnected.

xCSxXenon

Hello, Corona did it: After working at home-office, i was used to synchronize my laptop with factory network. Maybe ten days ago, ffs always shows: "there is nothing to synchonize". Do you have any experience , that same security routine may block the ffs-verifying procedure? The - nothing is to synchronize - state remains, if the ethernet is disconnected. Lindow, 28 Nov 2022, 07:30
Completely off topic, start a new thread

Lindow

Hello xCSxXenon, i don't know, how to create a new thread.

Plerry

> i don't know, how to create a new thread
Simply use the "New topic" button (top left) in the "Help" or "General discussion" overview page.