Donation Edition installed but auto update still asking for donation

Get help for specific problems

BaronVonFreeSync

Hello,
i downloaded & installed the Donation Edition after making a donation. terminal ran, said it removed old install and continued the install of the new edition . however after restarting the program and clicking on the updated version it still says auto-update not available and wants a donation ... what am i missing?
thx
Site Admin

Zenju

Were there error messages during installation?

BaronVonFreeSync

Hello,
thx for getting back to me. It has been resolved ... my desktop link went back to the old install ... i did not realize that it(the donation edition) is a completely separate install and did not overwrite the old (Free) version.
all is well ... thank you and have a happy new year
cheers
Rudi
Site Admin

Zenju

Well, it should have overwritten the previous installation and updated the desktop links!
Maybe you renamed the links? In this case the installer would not have found them.

Also, why was the old version apparently still available, when the installer visibly "removed old install"?

Did you somehow(?) install FreeFileSync multiple times to different locations previously, and only one location was removed? Or perhaps the previous installation was from some third party?

BaronVonFreeSync

the old one is still available ... so I dont know .. I am just ignoring it ... is it better to remove it manually ? and no i did not rename anything ... new ... VERY new to Linux and I dont want to mess around with too much until I learn more ... :-)