Feature Request: Lock Configurations

Discuss new features and functions

Vanillatography

Hey everyone,

This may already be addressed but if so then i'm struggling to find it. However, seeing as though I would like two sets of configs and one specifically to mirror a works server for updates to source files, I know for certain I will never want to update the files on their end as this could land me in a lot of trouble however being able to store the files locally dramatically speeds up load times in my creative apps (ie. Substance Suite) and is recommended, the issue is that the server is updated with new content regularly and I don't trust myself enough not to one day slip and sync with the wrong settings thus deleting or corrupting files on their end which a studios worth of people use. There's clearly work arounds to this, but I think a user friendly and simple feature would be to give the user a feature to optionally lock configurations in a very similar way to how Photoshop users can lock/unlock their layers. Again, its a simplistic request and im sure theres plenty of smarter solutions, but for the average user like me who doesnt trust themselves to not cock up and delete £££ worth of data and products it would be great. (FYI; if anyone wonders how else our art teams do it, they dont! Because of the aforementioned terrors, no one stores their source files locally and thus increasing their load times dramatically and im looking for ways to get everyone onto using this awesome software outside of version control like Perforce which is locked to specific configs provided).

therube

How about setting up two shortcuts.

One that does your day to day (simply leave that at default).

And one that is verboten?
https://freefilesync.org/manual.php?topic=command-line

And so long as you don't click the wrong one...
(You do know where the weakest link is, don't you ;-).)
You could even throw some warnings in there (from a batch file), such that it becomes readily apparent which instance you're going to be running.

xCSxXenon

If you save a configuration with one-way mirroring, an accident wouldn't be possible