Reference to last sync disappeared

Get help for specific problems

JackSync

What can explain that when I Compared existing files with my last backup FreFileSync acted as if no backup or sync had ever been made on my USB key? This while the history shows that my last backup was made 33 days ago.

This is the second time this very unpleasant situation occurs in the last 2 years. What measures should I take to avoid this? Any references that I could search for?
Site Admin

Zenju

What do you mean with "acted as if no backup or sync had ever been made"?

Plerry

This reads like a "daylight saving time" related problem; particularly because we recently went through that change again.

JackSync

What do you mean with "acted as if no backup or sync had ever been made"? Zenju, 05 Nov 2019, 08:37
It means that with 10000 files synched already on my USB key, when I attempted to sync (add) approximately 35 new files and remove about 3, FFS, after the Compare command, concluded that all of the 10000 existing files had to be synched instead of only the 35 new files. What could cause this situation?

Thank you,

JackSync

This reads like a "daylight saving time" related problem; particularly because we recently went through that change again. Plerry, 05 Nov 2019, 11:00
While I didn’t understand all of the specialized language in the link you provided, the proposed solution solved my problem. I wish I had known about this earlier. It’s a good thing you answered my call as I still have to go through a couple other backups on external HD and USB keys. So a big thanks to you. Otherwise, this product is great!