path for FFS hard disk files

Get help for specific problems

Tiesenhausen

I have my FFS files stored with the path

c:\Users\[username]\Documents\FFS files

Is this where FFS freshly installed puts them and expects to find them?

If I have copies of FFS on several computers, would it be better to put "FFS files" on an offsite drive with links from the several computers, or to have the folder duplicated in the same path on the hard drive of each computer?

Thanks in advance, Mike

Plerry

> I have my FFS files stored with the path ...

If by "FFS files" you mean your sync configuration files (*.ffs_gui and *.ffs.batch files):
those can be stored to (use: Save as), and used from any accessible local- or network-location and to/from any arbitrary folder name and path.
So, if you save the FFS sync configs to a shared location, there is no need to give every computer its own local location. You may even create "generic" sync configuration by using Macros in the sync definitions.

xCSxXenon

Even if you put configs in the default location, I don't think a fresh install of FFS will automatically detect them and add them into the config list

Tiesenhausen

Even if you put configs in the default location, I don't think a fresh install of FFS will automatically detect them and add them into the config list xCSxXenon, 26 Jan 2023, 17:16
Well then, how does one get a fresh install to recognize the old configs without entering the info once again?

xCSxXenon

Click 'open' in the top left and select the saved configs