Synching A to B and B to C

Get help for specific problems

Attilo

Hi, I am new to the system please allow me a silly question:
I am synching A and B folders and, an upper folder of B, in to C all within the same batch.
The result is in order to sync everything I have to run the batch twice !?
I suppose the system runs the procedure in parallel so that second and third folders gets the update at the same time...and not one after the other...

What's the right way to do it ?

Thanks
At

Plerry

If, as part of your "parent of B" and C pair, the content of B must also be synced with C, you can best run your two syncs as separate syncs in the correct sequence, first A and B, and only then "parent of B" and C.

If the content of B does not need to be synced to C, you can use multiple left-right base folder pairs. But in order to prevent warnings (and potentially mistakes) make sure there is no overlap between your multiple folder pairs. This can be done by by proper use of the Include and/or Exclude Filter.

xCSxXenon

This is because FFS queues up the changes before syncing. FFS first runs a comparison, which will miss anything in the A->B sync because that hasn't happened yet. You can continue to run the sync twice or create a third folder pair that syncs the data from A to the appropriate folder in C

Attilo

Thanks a lot! I will try some experiments;)