FFS keeps complaining about recycle bin not available

Get help for specific problems

sublight

It keeps erroring on this when mirroring or syncing to a SMB NAS share... Yeah obviously there is no recycle bin there.. I know the error can be disabled from disrupting things too much but maybe the dev could take this into account on a future update.

No sense in warning or trying to recycle something to a SMB NAS share....

One major QOL I would like to see is to enable/disable certain syncing rows in your sync list.
Currently as far as I know the only way is to just delete the entire sync operation which is silly.

Also, as this is open source I was looking at a way to build from source but it seems to be missing the necessary files for doing that? Any idea on how to build it? (btw, I'm win 11 so VS)

Plerry

Regarding the recycle-bin:
viewtopic.php?t=10152#p37762

Plerry

... No sense in warning or trying to recycle something to a SMB NAS share....
It makes a lot of sense. In the settings, the user has selected to use the recycle-bin. However, (seemingly) none is available. So an error or at least a warning is in place.
... but maybe the dev could take this into account on a future update. ...
How do you envision the dev could take this into account?

The only one that can really take this into account is the user.
Either by selecting to have files deleted and overwritten by the sync be permanently deleted, or by using Versioning.

sublight

... No sense in warning or trying to recycle something to a SMB NAS share....
It makes a lot of sense. In the settings, the user has selected to use the recycle-bin. However, (seemingly) none is available. So an error or at least a warning is in place.
... but maybe the dev could take this into account on a future update. ...
How do you envision the dev could take this into account?

The only one that can really take this into account is the user.
Either by selecting to have files deleted and overwritten by the sync be permanently deleted, or by using Versioning. Plerry, 23 Jul 2024, 12:59
Very simple ofc.. If it detects that the target or source (depending on sync method) is an SMB share, ignore the recycle bin as it does not have one.

So no, it doesn't make sense.

And tbh.. the other option to overwrite and permanently overwriting it (with the flame icon) makes it sound likes it securely overwrites the files. I don't need the extra strain on general sync to be securely overwitten.. I simply want them deleted.