Problem with PostSyncCommand tag

Get help for specific problems

florian

Hello,

I have FreeFileSync 13.7 [Business Edition].
I have configured two post sync commands, one on success and one on errors, manually in ".batch" file.
When I want to change the destination directory via the FreeFileSync GUI, one of the tags is deleted.
IHM_FreeFileSync.jpg
IHM_FreeFileSync.jpg (36.71 KiB) Viewed 418 times
Before modification :
BatchRun_Svg_ori.ffs_batch
(1.7 KiB) Downloaded 104 times
After modification :
BatchRun_Svg_change.ffs_batch
(1.62 KiB) Downloaded 104 times
It it possible to have the ability to configure multiple post-synchronization commands from the FreeFileSync GUI?

Plerry

I believe it is only possible in FFS to define a single Command Line; either on Completion, or on Success or on Errors.

What you can however do On Completion, is to invoke a self-created script that evaluates the FFS exit code, and based of the value of the FFS exit code initiates your desired different On Completion, On Success or On Errors actions.

florian

Thank you for your reply.
About the possibility of configuring multiple post-synchronization commands in FFS, it works.
The two commands configured on the events Success end Errors are correctly called at the end of the job.

That's why I'm asking the question of the ability to configure multiple post-synchronization commands from the FreeFileSync GUI.

xCSxXenon

It is not possible via the GUI

florian

ok, thank you for the reply.

Plerry

> About the possibility of configuring multiple post-synchronization commands in FFS, it works.

Never too old to learn something new! ;-)

therube

I'll only add that it is odd, that looking at the UI, you would expect to be able to set any or all of the 3 conditions (& that they be retained, of course).
    <PostSyncCommand Condition="Success">c:\success.bat
    </PostSyncCommand>
    <PostSyncCommand Condition="Error">c:\error.bat
    </PostSyncCommand>
    <PostSyncCommand Condition="Completion">c:\icompleted.bat
    </PostSyncCommand>
(Like how the Notification sounds: allows 3 separate "actions".
Screenshot here, viewtopic.php?t=11504#p44438.)