Unmount external drive after finishing on Mac

Discuss new features and functions

francus

Hello friends,

I have seen from this thread;
https://freefilesync.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8268&hilit=unmount#p28851
that it is possible to automatically unmount an external drive after finishing the job.

So I tried it on the following screenshot:

but it ask;
Please enter a target folder
A target folder? For what? I do not understand. Is that for saving the command? May you please enlighten me?
Best

xCSxXenon

That thread you link contains information on having FFS call a 3rd party program to unmount a drive.
Also, it is for Windows, so the recommended software may not be available for your Mac. They installed software and set up their FFS synchronization to run a post-sync command that unmounts a drive via that dedicated software. You need to look into macOS software that offers a command line/terminal interface for unmounting drives.

Edit: Your picture didn't load for me immediately, but I want to keep the above info just in case someone else could use it. At what point does it show "Please enter a target folder"? After the sync finishes and it attempts to run that command?

francus

At what point does it show "Please enter a target folder"? After the sync finishes and it attempts to run that command?
when setting Synchronization Settings/ok. Not after sync.

But after restarting the process anew it worked, without asking anything.
More importantly after finished sync it really launched a Mac command line command to unmount the drive. The drive was unmounted automatically. So everything worked as supposed and was even very easy to setup.

So I wanted to cancel my post, since it was useless, but I was unable to modify or delete it. Sorry

But many thanks for FreeFileSync, really exceptional how it works and that it lets me to add commands.

xCSxXenon

Never delete a forum post! Others may have the same or a similar issue and this could be some help!